This is the Developer's Guide for the MapWinGIS ActiveX Control. This covers programming with the ActiveX control independently of the MapWindow application.
This ActiveX control was created with Visual C++ and is compatible with all programming languages that can handle OLE. If you have success/failure stories to report with non-Microsoft products, we'd be happy to hear of them.
Common Tasks with MapWinGIS
- Make a simple Feature Identifier
- Sample Code
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Additional dlls needed when building your own application
- MapWindow Application Development Tutorial; VB.net (ActiveX and Plug-in examples)
- Random Notes (collected from user Forum Postings and otherwise)
Objects and Enumerations
Below is a list of all classes and eumerations in the ActiveX control that may be of use. Each of these will in turn lead to a page listing all functions, subs, properties and events, along with sample code in many places. If any ommissions are detected, please feel free to fill them in!