(GIS Tools - Vector)
This tool creates buffer shapefiles at selected distances from the original features.
- Ensure GIS Tools plug-in is enabled
- Click on [GIS Tools] then Click on [Vector]
- Select layer to buffer
- Decide if buffering is applied to all shapes or just selected ones.
- If selecting features, click to select feature to buffer, or hold down control key and click on multiple features.
- Select distance; remember it is the same units as the users data.
- Set name and browse to folder for resulting shapefile to be saved in
- Click [OK] The new buffer shapefile will be added to the map layer view.