Map Window Summer of Code, 2010
(Week 3: June 14-June 20)
Project Statement :
1. Add Geodatabase support to MapWindow
2. Add some file formats that are supported in GDAL/OGR but not in MW, like GML and read/write WKT/WKB.
We are grateful towards the Map Window GIS authorities who considered us as able candidates for the event Map Window Summer of Code, 2010 and thereby allowed us to be a part of their developers' community.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to our mentor Paul Meems who has answered the simplest of our doubts with unwavering zeal. He has guided us whenever and wherever we have gone wrong.We would also like to thank Sergei Leschinsky who has always found time to advise and guide us about our doubts regarding ocx despite himself having a project under the same event.
We hope to be associated with the development and upgradation of Map Window GIS even after the event.
After the end of the fourth week of the project under the event Map Window Summer of Code, 2010 we have covered the following points:
1. Implementing a custom SQLite driver for the Map Window Application. We are not using the SQLite driver as provided by GDAL since it is incomplete in the GDAL-1.7 source code and moreover, it doesn't provide support for
2. Implementing the module that establishes the read-write/read-only connection with the SQLite/Spatialite Database.
3. Implementing the module that checks for metadata inside the database.
4. Implementing the module that terminates the database connection.
5. Implementing the module that writes a spatial data contained in a database to a shapefile.
How we plan to proceed?
During week 5 (June 21-June 26) of our project we plan to achieve the following goals:
1. Implementing the module that writes the information contained in a Shapefile to a database.
2. Starting with the plug-in development.
Wiki Extension for ImageMaps obviously not implemented in MapWindow Wiki.
The image on the right should appear also as clickable image.
--Gngdowid 18:44, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
Playground updated: 8-July-2010
Note: Any user supported Wiki eventually will grow to finally become unwieldy, requiring re-organization. We feel, it is time to re-organize and update the MapWindow Wiki.
Your help is very much appreciated (and required) to meet our goals.
Please post your comments and suggestions in the MapWindow Forum thread
Thank you for your patience in the past, present and future.
--Gngdowid 23:07, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
Testing div style="..." /div
Testing Table template
The is a static table
|Col 1||Col 2||Col 3||Col 4|
A Table using the Template TableCol4
|Item 1||Item 2||Item 3||Item 4|
|Mr. Bluefirstname.lastname@example.org||Last Col|