MapWindow GIS Desktop Internationalization
MapWindow is undergoing internationalization and your help is needed! Following is a list of languages supported by the .NET framework. Languages with a checkmark have been translated or are currently being translated.
- Download the MapWindow translation guide.
- Read the internationalization discussion forum postings, and post a note indicating the language you are going to work on.
- Look at the instructions for anonymously accessing the MapWindow Subversion code repository and download the current MapWindow40 application source code.
- Follow the instructions in the translation guide to produce your translation.
- Compile and test the translation. You should be able to test your language as well as other translations by changing the current Regional and Language Options in the Windows Control Panel.
- When you think you have it all translated and working right, zip the language folder (it will be named using the ISO language code, i.e. "en" for English). Also zip all of the .resx files that you created (e.g., frmMain.es-ES.resx). Send both files directly to Dan Ames. Dan and the MapWindow Open Source Team will integrate the new language file into the main MapWindow repository, notify you, update this page and generally work with you to make the world a better place!
Vote for your language
Please vote as many times as you want...