DotSpatial Library : MapWindow Discussion Forum
Hello everyone I am a new entrant to this forum and there is a reason to it... I am doing my post graduation in India and have basically taken up a software project titled 'Radio Mapping using MapWin GIS' where we have to develop a software and my team intends to do th
Intend to Develop a new PLUG-IN
Posted by: aneeshnanda ()
Date: October 04, 2010 01:16AM

Hello everyone

I am a new entrant to this forum and there is a reason to it...

I am doing my post graduation in India and have basically taken up a software project titled 'Radio Mapping using MapWin GIS' where we have to develop a software and my team intends to do the following...
> Develop a plug-in which would take as an input, a sample map file (commercially available on net) of some area and would ask the user to pin-point 02 points using cursor
on the map....
> The software should then generate the path-profile between these 02 points and show them graphically on screen
> Thereafter we would be inserting some data with regards to the area parameters viz. moisture content, temperature, etc ....and then taking into account the physical parameters such as height and surface of the area in-between the 02 points under consideration (which the software should fetch from the map file), all these data would be fed into a set of formulae which shall calculate
the reliability index of a Radio Link between the 02 points....
> That is, if we place a Radio Transmitter at point A and a Radio Receiver at point B (A and B are given as the input from user through cursor onto the map file being displayed) then, this software will calculate and tell us that whether we should go ahead with the setting up of a link or not....

Our main points of concern are (and where we require expert guidance from the peolpe who are already into this field since long)...

> First of all kindly let us know does if any plug-in like this or similar to this already exists... or some code which can give us an idea of what and how to do?
> Are there map files which, once read into our plug-ins can give us the data of the heights of all features present in between the 02 points demarcated using cursor..
> Can we use files like google satellite maps etc,,, how do we extract the 3-dimensional height data parameter from the given file..? Where can we find such sites...?
> Can we read that height data into our data base... and can we generate Path Profile from that... If yes, then how?
Thereafter the radio link n all is a separate implementation on this data...
> How should we go about it,, as in,,... the development of the plug-in.......?
What are the options...?

Kindly let us know if some more input or clarifications ae required prior to the expert comments...

Aneesh

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Banner Exchange

GISCP.com

Send us your banner logo (160x120) for the space above, and add this MapWindow banner ad to your site:

Just paste this text in your page: