MapWindow 4 - Plugins : MapWindow Discussion Forum
Hi, I have a first "beta" (barely) version of a join tool that I created. It still has plenty of bugs, but I was hoping some people could try it out on their machine and provide me with some feedback. It is incomplete. There will be some additional features put into it once
Join Tool - testing
Posted by: jfk02 ()
Date: August 30, 2009 11:01AM

Hi,

I have a first "beta" (barely) version of a join tool that I created. It still has plenty of bugs, but I was hoping some people could try it out on their machine and provide me with some feedback. It is incomplete. There will be some additional features put into it once some of the existing bugs are worked out and while the speed doesn't seem too bad right now, I hope to optimize it some more.

The URL to download it is: [www.4shared.com]

Here are some known issues:

-You can add and remove layers while the tool is open, but if you change the order in the legend, it will not work properly.

-Hitting the "x" on the top right of the tool will not cause the plugin to be inactivated in the plugins menu.

-Saving to a file that already exists will cause the tool will not work properly.

-Saving to a folder that does not exist will cause the tool will not work properly.

-When you browse to a shp or dbf, it gets added to the end of the related combobox, but does not automatically select. You have to still manually select it, once you open the file. You also can't really see the file name, just the beginning of the path. I'm going to change that.

I also have two questions that if someone could answer it would be a big help...

The first:
I was using multithreading to update the status bar every few seconds. I realized how much slower this makes the tool though, so I removed the multithreading, and still ran it with the progress bar. The progress bar still updated live on my computer, which I did not expect. I spent a little time looking this up online but didn't really find anything. Does anyone know if this just works somehow without multithreading, or does it depend on the computer?

The second:
One other question, right now I have the default "Save" path to a derivative of the help file location (Mid(pMapWin.ApplicationInfo.HelpFilePath, 1, HelpLength - 18)). I feel like this is a roundabout way of doing this. Is there a better way to set a default save path?

Problems, comments, suggestions, etc welcome. Thanks for your help!

Jared

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Banner Exchange

GISCP.com

Send us your banner logo (160x120) for the space above, and add this MapWindow banner ad to your site:

Just paste this text in your page: