MapWindow 4 - Plugins : MapWindow Discussion Forum
I have made a project using (MapWinGIS-only-v4[1].8RC2-installer) MapWinGIS ActiveX Control.In that i have opened a map (shape file) and made various command buttons (to plot lat/log,to draw a line , to take snapshot etc.) and successfully written the coding in vb6. Now i have installed Ma
Steps to create own plugin
Posted by: preetisingh ()
Date: March 21, 2012 03:24AM

I have made a project using (MapWinGIS-only-v4[1].8RC2-installer) MapWinGIS ActiveX Control.In that i have opened a map (shape file) and made various command buttons (to plot lat/log,to draw a line , to take snapshot etc.) and successfully written the coding in vb6.
Now i have installed MapWindow43CFInstall on my pc.I have read that we can add our own plugins in it.I want to use this for my project i.e. i want to write & add plugin for everything i have done in my project.some functions like zoom is there available ,but i want to plot lat/lon , take snap shot ,draw a line etc. which is not there.So i want to write plugin for that & then add it to it.I have no idea of how to write / add a plugin.Please if possible describe the steps how to write and add a plugin.Is plugin can be written in vb6 or it can only be written in vb.net and c#. Please explain all the steps clearly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Steps to create own plugin
Posted by: pmeems ()
Date: March 21, 2012 06:51AM

First start using the latest version of MapWindow.
The stable version is v4.8.6. v4.3 is over 3 years old!

Next you can have a look at this sample plug-in:
[svn.mapwindow.org]

I haven't tested it with the latest version of MapWindow but is should more or less work. At least it will bring you up to speed. The project is in C#, but numerous C#-VB.NET converters will help you with the conversion.

--
Paul

--
Don't forget to read the new documentation: www.mapwindow.org/documentation/mapwingis4.8
Join us Google+: MapWindow GIS Google+ Community
Join the MapWindow Group on LinkedIn! LinkedIn - MapWindow Group

Download the latest beta installer at:
tinyurl.com/mwMonthly 32-Bit
tinyurl.com/mwMonthlyx64 64-Bit
Follow me on Twitter MapWindow_nl to read when a new installer is published.

---
Paul Meems
The Netherlands
[www.bontepaarden.nl]
Release manager, configuration manager and
forum moderator of MapWindow GIS

Owner of MapWindow.nl - Support for
Dutch speaking users: www.mapwindow.nl

Everything I say or write is my personal opinion and
not the opinion of the company I work for.
View my profile on LinkedIn

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Banner Exchange

GISCP.com

Send us your banner logo (160x120) for the space above, and add this MapWindow banner ad to your site:

Just paste this text in your page: