Almost 90 solutions are available. Some are duplicates.
The solutions I could compile after converting have been committed to SVN and added to my 'Weekly-build' script.
After looking at all solutions (VB.NET, C# and C++) questions rise.
Here are some of them:
1. Some of the plug-ins (dll) are COM visible others are not. Is this intended? I think we should try to make the plug-ins as generic as possible.
2. A lot of Assembly Info isn't filled in and/or version/file numbers aren't set. Should not all plug-ins use the same format for the Assembly Info?
3. Which plug-ins are useful and need to be compiled in the weekly build and later added to the Beta version --> Release Candidate --> Stable Release?
4. Almost none of the plug-ins have a small description about what the plug-in should do. Perhaps using a template for this document might help.
5. Several plug-ins need additional (source) files. Like:
* GPS_Plugin needs WMX.GPS
* mwBayesianNet needs Interop.Netica
* mwDask needs MapWindowToolstrip & HydroObjects
* mwHDAM is missing a lot of files: DataRetrieval\*.cs and missing waterml and
6. Some plug-ins are written in C++ or are more complex than others. I have not enough knowledge when they produce errors. So I would like to get in touch with the author/programmer of these plug-ins:
7. I also see a lot of different naming. I think we should make it more generic. Some solutions/project start with mw, some dlls start with mw. Some plug-ins don't generate the XML documentation file. Some plug-ins are saved in a separate folder in bin/plugins. Some generate warnings on compiling.
It might be a good idea to save all plug-ins in their own folder. This would make the overview better, even if plug-ins get translated and thus generate language folders.
I don't think plug-ins that generate warning should make it to the stable release. It is simple enough to turn XML generation on.
8. In the GDAL folder several solutions are available:
C:\Dev\SupportLibraries\GDAL\gdal-1.6.0\makegdal71.sln C:\Dev\SupportLibraries\GDAL\gdal-1.6.0\makegdal80.sln C:\Dev\SupportLibraries\GDAL\gdal-1.6.0\wince\msvc80\gdalce_dll\gdalce_dll.sln C:\Dev\SupportLibraries\GDAL\gdal-1.6.0-64bit\makegdal71.sln C:\Dev\SupportLibraries\GDAL\gdal-1.6.0-64bit\makegdal80.sln C:\Dev\SupportLibraries\GDAL\gdal-1.6.0-64bit\wince\msvc80\gdalce_dll\gdalce_dll.sln C:\Dev\SupportLibraries\GDAL\geos-cvs-64bit\build\msvc80\geos.sln C:\Dev\SupportLibraries\GDAL\geos-cvs-64bit\build\msvc90\geos.sln C:\Dev\SupportLibraries\GDAL\geos-cvs-x86\build\msvc80\geos.sln C:\Dev\SupportLibraries\GDAL\geos-cvs-x86\build\msvc90\geos.slnWhich version(s) should a add to my weekly build script?
9. In the MapWinGIS4Dev folder 3 extra solutions are available:
C:\Dev\MapWinGIS4Dev\Image\cqlib\cqlib.sln C:\Dev\MapWinGIS4Dev\ImageUtils\ImageUtils.sln C:\Dev\MapWinGIS4Dev\Utils\gpc_lib\gpc_lib.slnDo I need to compile these separately?
10. Plug-ins reference a lot of other dlls. Mostly MapWindow Core dlls.
Some plug-ins set the reference to 'Copy local' others don't.
What is best practice, especially for Interop.MapWinGIS.dll?
11. I can't start my build script if the error af MapWinGIS isn't solved. See [www.mapwindow.org]
Can someone with C++ knowledge help me with that?
Don't forget to read the new documentation: www.mapwindow.org/documentation/mapwingis4.8
Join us Google+: MapWindow GIS Google+ Community
Join the MapWindow Group on LinkedIn! LinkedIn - MapWindow Group
Download the latest beta installer at:
Follow me on Twitter MapWindow_nl to read when a new installer is published.
Release manager, configuration manager and
forum moderator of MapWindow GIS
Owner of MapWindow.nl - Support for
Dutch speaking users: www.mapwindow.nl
Everything I say or write is my personal opinion and
not the opinion of the company I work for.
View my profile on LinkedIn